Currently, there are many foreign individuals interested in the issue of personal tax identification number registration in Vietnam. The registration of personal tax identification numbers for foreigners can be done in one of the following ways:
Option 1: Individuals submit an application for registration of personal tax identification numbers for foreigners directly at the tax office:
– Tax registration dossiers include:
+ Photocopy of Passport;
+ An personal tax code registration form is filled in and submitted directly to the tax office.
Option 2: Submit application for registration of personal tax identification number for foreigners through HRD:
– Step 1: Prepare documents to submit to HRD
- Authorization email;
- Scanned copy of passport.
– Step 2: HRD summarizes, fills in information and submits to General Department of Taxation.
- Consolidate individual tax registration information into tax registration declarations;
- Submit to the General Department of Taxation via the online Portal.
– Step 3: Receive and report the results.
- The settlement time is no more than 03 working days from the date the tax authority receives the complete tax registration dossier as prescribed by HRD;
- The tax authority returns the list of tax identification numbers of individuals who register for tax via HRD;
- HRD is responsible for notifying each individual’s tax identification number or the reason for not being granted a tax identification number for the individual to adjust and supplement information.
* Service strengths from HRD:
– Local expertise;
– 100% online procedure.